Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Yesterday, as we all know, was Mother's Day. My very first Mother's Day as a mom. Oh how I loved it!
The last several years I have struggled and struggled with this day. It was a pain-filled day for me. The last couple I skipped church because I couldn't bear to hear talks about mothers and how amazing and blessed they are. Which, yes, is true; but it certainly hurt to hear it. Always making me wonder why I wasn't being blessed. Of course I was blessed in other areas, and greatly so, but it hurt that I wasn't blessed with the thing I wanted most...children.
But all of that has changed now. I have the most beautiful little boy. I am so grateful he joined our family. I truly believe he was meant to be ours.
Sunday morning, before I even got out of bed, Shalum made me believe he forgot to get me something for Mother's Day. Normally this wouldn't bother me so much, but after waiting 8 years to be a mom, I was expecting something for my first Mother's Day...a simple card would have sufficed. So I was a little hurt and a little bummed, and then Shalum said he heard little man and went to go get him. I hadn't heard him so I figured Shalum was just making an excuse to hide from me. I got up as well and as I walked out of our room, Shalum was coming out with Jared. I asked Shalum if he woke Jared up. He replied that he hadn't. And I said, 'really, cause he looks like he just woke up.' I went to the bathroom and when I came out, there was Shalum and Jared standing there with a gift bag on Jared's arm. Dang that Shalum! He loves fooling me and of course I'm extremely gullible, so he does it ALL the time. They had gotten me a really nice charm bracelet with four charms...a bride and groom, november birthstone (mine and Jared's birthstone), a baby shoe, and a monkey. Shalum wanted a bear because he calls me mama bear, but they didn't have one so he chose the monkey. Which I actually really like the monkey...so it's all good.


And that was my very first Mother's Day!.....as a mom, I mean.

No comments: