Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Things that are annoying....



ALLERGIES

Have you ever met an allergy that wasn't a nuisance? I sure haven't. For almost 28 years I was blessed with a non-allergic body....or so I had thought. For nearly 28 years I lived in ignorant bliss, and then WHAM 2011 hit. Apparently my allergies were just lying dormant and all the stressors of last year brought them to life. I had a body scan done last October and was quite surprised at all the foods that I'm allergic to, which was why I was feeling crummy most of the time. Some of them are some of my favorite foods. :( Poor me. Before, I never had any problems eating any of these foods....except chocolate. I don't care much for chocolate. We've never really had a good relationship. It always leaves me with a headache after eating it. So I was surprised to find out that I'm NOT allergic to chocolate. However the body scan showed that I had a sensitivity to it. And looking at couple of....properities? (is that the right word? I don't know)....of chocolate, it shares some of the properties with some of the foods I am allergic to. Hence the sensitivity. I find it odd that chocolate affects me more than any actually foods I'm allergic to, well I mean it used to affect me more. Now it's about the same.


And not only did food allergies surface but so did an allergy to pollen. Fortunately this allergy doesn't affect me as bad as it does to some of my friends, just a constant stuffy nose for me. I was also told that this year has been especially bad with the pollen. I also found out something that I hadn't known prior. There are male trees and there are female trees. I did not know this. Apparently fruit trees are female and non-fruit trees are male. And I live in an area where there aren't a lot of fruit trees so the pollen has no where to go but in the air, affecting all us innocent people. I thought that was a pretty interesting little tidbit. And I feel smarter now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What foods are you allergic to? And you shouldn't move to Albuquerque (if it was ever on your radar). My seasonal allergies were pretty minor until about a year after I moved here. Since then I both love and dread spring. (By the way, you can still visit. It takes about a year of living some place to become sensitive to the pollen in the area.)