Thursday, June 14, 2012

One of Life's awesome moments...

Have you ever had one of those moments where you felt one with the Universe? I had one of those moments when I was about 14. My sister, Lacey, and I were sitting in our stepdad's trophy room (our first stepdad), which also was the tv room and the informal dining room. It was the trophy room because our stepdad liked to hunt and it showcased a lot of the animals that he had killed, stuffed of course. There were a couple of mountain lions, an elk head, a moose head, and a grizzly bear. I think there were a couple others but these are the ones I remember. Well Lacey and I were sitting at the table, I think we were eating lunch or something, and the tv was on. Lacey, for whatever reason, tossed the remote control at me. I didn't bother trying to catch it and it fell to the floor next to me. Lacey, in joking seriousness, said, "Pick that up!" In which I promptly replied, "No." And not even kidding, the very next beat some guy on the tv said, "What do you mean 'No'?!" Lacey and I looked at each other, looked at the tv, and then back at each other, completely stunned. 


It was awesome.

No comments: