Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby it's cold outside...and it's seeping into the house!

As of this moment a new furnace is being installed in our house, so of course no heat is on. I am desperately hoping it won't take long (Tyler tells me 6-8 hours, but I am hoping for a miracle and it will be really quick). It is starting to get really cold in my house, and of course it snowed last night, so it's colder outside today than it has been for the last week. Figures. And I can't light the pellet stove because I have no idea how to start it. I think the igniter thing is burnt out. I can't wait till we get a wood stove next year, those are much simpler. Cheaper too, since we get our own wood. Tyler said, when he came to look at our furnace and show us what kind of furnaces they have at Plumb Line, that our furnace was the worst he'd ever seen. Granted he hasn't been working there long and says he's only seen about 80-100, but ours was the worst. He later told me that when he showed the pictures of our furnace to all the guys he works with, their eyes went wide. So apparently it was really bad. (For those of you who are unawares, Tyler is my brother-in-law).

With this new furnace we'll be saving about $800 a year. Sweet! I like to hear that. Of course we got like the most expensive furnace, but we'll also save the most with it. Really it was a better deal in the long run and we plan to be in this house for quite a few years, at least.

Oh I'm so cold!

No comments: