Saturday, November 10, 2012

Crocheting!

I love crocheting. Granted I'm still a bit of a novice at it. My grandma first taught me to crochet when I was about 9 or 10, but I didn't keep with it and quickly lost it. In fact I quit crocheting before I even finished the pot holder I was making. Then I asked my grandma to teach me again when I was 16. This time I actually finished a pot holder before I stopped crocheting and lost the skill again. It wasn't the best looking pot holder, I messed up in a few spots, but I was proud of that pot holder because I made it. Then about 3 or so years ago, I asked a woman in my ward to teach me, and she was sweet enough to do so. This time however I have kept with it. But only occasionally, and it was always just a blanket of single crochet stitches. Then a couple weeks ago I felt like learning a new pattern, so I got online, did some research, and found a simple, yet beautiful, pattern. Simple it may be, but it took me about a week and a half to figure it out because I just kept messing up. I finally figured out why I was having such a hard time with it, my tension was waaaaay too tight, making it look wrong. Once I figured that out, I started crocheting with a looser tension, and I think the end result is quite beautiful! It was just last night that I finished it. LATE last night. I had a friend's baby shower I was going to today (in fact I was a little worried I wouldn't get the blanket finished in time) so I stayed up late last night working on it. However I wasn't able to make it to the shower because Jared is sick, but fortunately he's getting better. Anyway, the pattern is called Tiramisu Baby Blanket. And here is the finished result....



No comments: