Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Uncle Itch

I love my Uncle Itch. A few days ago he stopped by to see us... well to see Jared mostly... but me too. :) I've always been close to him. He's the one who gave me my nickname, AJ, when I was a baby. Short for almond joy. Cause that's what I am, a joy. :) And he used to call me every Sunday at about 4 o'clock when I was in high school. I always looked forward to those calls. Unfortunately my uncle has cancer. :( He got it a few years ago, but it went into remission. But now it's back and it's gotten into many of his bones. His doctor gave him about 1 1/2 to 2 years to live. He might try an experimental treatment if he qualifies for it. As of right now he doesn't qualify because he's actually doing pretty good at the moment. It makes me so sad that he's not going to be here much longer. And that Jared won't know or remember his great great Uncle Itch when he's older. 

No comments: