Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ouch!

Today I went to the doctor to get a physical (to make sure I'm all healthy and all - part of the adoption process) My doctor is so sweet, she's so excited that we're doing this and kept talking about these people she knows who adopted a girl from China and a boy from Mongolia. So now she's also on the wagon, hoping the time goes by quickly and we'll get chosen to a raise a child. I had to get a TB shot, a flu shot, a tetinus shot, and 3 capsules of blood taken, so my freakin arm hurts! I had the blood taken because we just found out that my dad has Protein C Deficiency and we think my grandma has it and possibly both of her parents had it. I, and my sisters, have a 50-50 chance of having it. I've only done a little research so far, but basically if you have the disorder you are much more likely to suffer from blood clots than the average person, and you have an even greater risk of getting them while you're pregnant or on birth control pills. My dad has to take medication to thin his blood. Well rat poison isn't exactly medication, but that's what he's gotta take. Fun stuff, eh?

No comments: