Saturday, November 10, 2012

Crocheting!

I love crocheting. Granted I'm still a bit of a novice at it. My grandma first taught me to crochet when I was about 9 or 10, but I didn't keep with it and quickly lost it. In fact I quit crocheting before I even finished the pot holder I was making. Then I asked my grandma to teach me again when I was 16. This time I actually finished a pot holder before I stopped crocheting and lost the skill again. It wasn't the best looking pot holder, I messed up in a few spots, but I was proud of that pot holder because I made it. Then about 3 or so years ago, I asked a woman in my ward to teach me, and she was sweet enough to do so. This time however I have kept with it. But only occasionally, and it was always just a blanket of single crochet stitches. Then a couple weeks ago I felt like learning a new pattern, so I got online, did some research, and found a simple, yet beautiful, pattern. Simple it may be, but it took me about a week and a half to figure it out because I just kept messing up. I finally figured out why I was having such a hard time with it, my tension was waaaaay too tight, making it look wrong. Once I figured that out, I started crocheting with a looser tension, and I think the end result is quite beautiful! It was just last night that I finished it. LATE last night. I had a friend's baby shower I was going to today (in fact I was a little worried I wouldn't get the blanket finished in time) so I stayed up late last night working on it. However I wasn't able to make it to the shower because Jared is sick, but fortunately he's getting better. Anyway, the pattern is called Tiramisu Baby Blanket. And here is the finished result....



♥

No comments: